Disk Problem?

Daveboy1976 20:30 04 Mar 2004

Hi everyone,

First time i have used the forum and im looking for some help. I had an error the other day saying primary master failed on bootup. I retried and it worked fine. I dont seem to be having any other problems except every time i boot up, the PC performs the scandisk but finds no errors. If i try to Defrag it, i get the message that chkdisk /f is scheduled and it wont let me. I have a weston digital, 40gb, 5400rmp drive as my primary. I had the problem with primary master fail when i first fitted it but then i realised that it couldnt be jumpered. I took the jumper off and it has been working fine for the last couple of months. My second drive is a 60gb, not sure of make but I have had that for about a year.
both drives are running in NTFS and am running XP pro. My PC has never run the scan disk once since I have formatted it in NTFS but is doing it on every bootup now.
Any ideas? Bad clusters posssibly? Im a bit lost. Any help or advice would really be appreciated.
Thanks

Big Elf 20:39 04 Mar 2004

Visit the Western Digital site at click here and download the diagnostic tools which should indicate whether there's a problem with the drive.

Make sure you backup your data just in case the drive is about to fail.

Download AIDA32 personal system information which may/should tell the manufacturer of your other drive.

Big Elf 20:54 04 Mar 2004

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Daveboy1976 21:15 04 Mar 2004

thanks ill look into that, cheers for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?