Disk drive missing

thehowlinsnake 15:43 23 Apr 2006

I am on a Packard Bell Laptop, running service pack 2.My disk drive has disappeared and i am unable to use it the green light flashes and it opens but it never runs. Also in my computer it does not show up but it shows up it device manager i have tried unistalling it and upgrading drivers. Can anyone help? Anymore information just ask

DieSse 15:47 23 Apr 2006

*My disk drive has disappeared*

Which disk drive is this?

It's unlikely to be the main system hard drive - if this went, you wouldn't be able to boot up!

thehowlinsnake 15:49 23 Apr 2006

Sorry my cd-rom disk drive.Should have made that clear.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:54 23 Apr 2006

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error
Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41

click here

Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software.
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

DieSse 15:56 23 Apr 2006

I guessed that - but better to check before launching off!!

Try this click here

thehowlinsnake 18:49 30 Apr 2006

How do only delete upper and lower filter.Sorry my internet connection went down due to changing services.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires