Disk clean failed, Buzzing noise, i wiped out HD

joeysbody 04:40 07 Mar 2009

Help plz... my HP pavilion first started making a wierd buzzing noise after i tried doing disk clean that failed in the middle. When i came back to my computer, it had a black screen, and then started making the buzzing noise after i restarted it. Then when that persisted, i backed up my files on an external hard drive and wiped out the hard drive in the pc. then i tried reinstalling windows vista and it failed in the middle of that, froze up and the monitor looked like it was freaking out by going to a blue fuzzy screen and going black again. now screen keeps going into power saving mode and i need help plz.

joeysbody 05:13 07 Mar 2009

I have a Gforce 7950gt graphics card, 2 gigs of ram, intel core 2 duo 2.6GHZ, windows vista 32bit , had it for about 2 1/2 years, with trend micro anti virus ... but im positive this is not a virus.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:16 07 Mar 2009

Could be your hard drive is failing, how old is the machine?

Try another Install of Vista but make sure to format the partition first.

joeysbody 17:44 07 Mar 2009

It's around 2 1/2 years old , and i wiped out the partition and tried re-installing vista 32bit, and it freezes up in the middle of the re-installing. ... and how do i format te partition?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 07 Mar 2009

It should give you an option to format the partition at the begining of the install procedure.

joeysbody 18:14 07 Mar 2009

I am now just waiting to see if the installation is successful. How long should this take?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?