disconnecting from (any) game server every 30 mins

lightmonpls 03:03 08 Oct 2017

hi,

as title suggests, I tried looking up the problem online. some suggested that it's about my router dhcp settings leasing an ip address for 1 hour, and renewing it every 30 mintues causing the disconnect so i just put a static IP in my ethernet settings (I use a direct cable) but that didn't help.

what can I do to resolve this? thank you in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:21 08 Oct 2017

Have a look at your network adapter in device manager - right click and select properties - click the power tab - untick "allow the computer to turn off..."

lightmonpls 12:21 08 Oct 2017

^ didn't seem to work

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:00 08 Oct 2017

Are you connecting by wire or wireless?

If wireless do the same for your wireless adapter card.

lightmonpls 15:26 08 Oct 2017

I use a direct ethernet cable. not wireless

lightmonpls 14:49 09 Oct 2017

?

lightmonpls 21:50 11 Oct 2017

???

mole44 04:49 12 Oct 2017

Who is your service provider if it Virgin and you have hub 3 it's a known problem (Just google puma 6 chipset) i sorted it out my hub 3 from disconnecting every 15-20 minutes but without payment i shall keep my simple fix to myself. Here is the problem click here

lightmonpls 11:19 12 Oct 2017

^ no my ISP is Bezeq International

should I contact them about it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:42 12 Oct 2017

Yes or borrow another router and try that.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017