Disconnected drives F G H I

Nick1972 21:02 02 Mar 2008

Hi there,

I think I may have inadvertently 'disconnected' my built in card reader (removable drives F G H and I) as when I insert my memory card in to the relevant slot, I get the following message -

"I:\ refers to a location that is unavailable.It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location."

Earlier on, I thought I was disconnecting my phone from the PC using the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon, but it looks like I clicked F G H I instead (doh).

Can anyone help me by telling me how to enable the drives again?

Many thanks in advance!

Nick

MCE2K5 21:33 02 Mar 2008

Try Start, Turn Off Computer, Restart.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:57 02 Mar 2008

Make of PC? Medion?

Look for exclamation mark against devices in device manager, uninstall and reeinstall dvice if found.

sinbads 22:59 02 Mar 2008

Since the card reader is built in using the safely remove option does just that and removes all card reader drives as MCE2K5 says just reboot

Nick1972 09:11 03 Mar 2008

Boy do I feel stupid now - I didn't do the one thing I always try first, doh!! Yep, the reboot worked - thanks!

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?