discoloured jpeg images uploaded to website

diamondlil 20:57 16 Oct 2008

Working on my jewellery website. A couple of suppliers have sent me their catalogue as jpegs on CD rom. When I upload these to the site some of the images, mainly those of yellow gold colour, are blue. Any suggestions? My suppliers aren't too sure why this happens.

Thanks in advance

slightlymad 19:35 17 Oct 2008

I've no answer I'm afraid, but I'd like to see your website to check out the images. Can you post a link, please?

Forum Editor 23:45 17 Oct 2008

to RGB before you uploaded them? The images you were sent will almost certainly have a CMYK colourspace for the offset colour separations that are used in commercial printing.

Convert them to RGB and all should be well.

Kemistri 02:53 18 Oct 2008

More specifically, they must be sRGB. AdobeRGB and Wide Gamut will not display correctly. Colour-space sensitive browsers are new and make up a small minority of the user agents that will visit your site. Even if FF3, colour-space support is turned off by default.

diamondlil 09:35 30 Oct 2008

Sorry for taking so long to reply to these suggestions. The images already appear to be in RGB. The supplier has suggested it's something I'm using but they did point out something I'd missed; the disc is a DVD and not a CD. I'm currently awaiting another set of images from them so hopefully these will be OK. Thanks again all.

Kemistri 14:53 30 Oct 2008

"The images already appear to be in RGB."

That could be any one of five commonly used types. Do you know exactly which RGB format was used?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le combat entre McGregor et Mayweather ?