Disc won't copy

Les T 21:06 24 Feb 2006

Hi folks, tonight i tried to copy one of my game discs (IL-2 Sturmovik), however i got a message saying that one or both of the discs was dirty. Needless to say the burn was not successfull, i am using Window XP SP2, 1GB RAM, 125GB Free Hard Drive space. I used Sonic Record Now to try and burn the disc. It was to copy for my own personal use by yhe way!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 24 Feb 2006

Its probably copywrit protected to stop you burning another disk.

It is illegal in this country to make a backup even for peronal use.

terryf 23:19 24 Feb 2006

Have you tried using Nero to make a copy? My Nero tells me when disks are copy write but still goes on to copy

wbiggchiefy 23:40 24 Feb 2006

I presume u have cleanes the disk properly
If not just as with an old LP use a lint free cloth or get a proper disc clesner (I would be wary with the disc cleaner however and make sure any excess cleaning fluid is removed as this can seriously affect a dvd writer.

I find the best prog to copy with is probably not Nero - but it depends on what u want to copy - it is obviously illegal to make a copy of anything which is copyrighted (but if u look hard enough u will find the software u want)
I shouldn't type this but u can get most of the apps on P2P sites - some of the software is actually free to try (Copy DVD for example which I think gives 30 days) but others on the sites are not legal - --be warned!
Chiefy

wbiggchiefy 23:44 24 Feb 2006

My discs start to copy if they show they are copyrighted on nero and then the write fails at about 70% - any ideas?

billyliv 00:31 25 Feb 2006

Cut your burning speed down. cheers, Bill

Les T 22:13 25 Feb 2006

I've downloaded a trial of Nero 7, which has performed the job perfectly.

Thanks to everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires