Disc cleanup

Janet-201707 19:43 23 May 2005

Was using the disc cleanup on Windows XP Home and noticed in the list of clean up items a file that said'Old Compressed Files' that held about 24,000kb and growing of old files, but search as I may to try and find these files to see whether they are worth keeping, I cannot find these zipped files anywhere. Can anyone tell me whether it is worth worrying about and if so how the heck do I access them to find out what's in them???? Many thanks

Jono92 20:04 23 May 2005

Hi there is probably nothing to worry about i trut disk clean up and if the files are compressed there next to impossible to find!
If you want to a similar program to disk clean up then download tune-up uttilites from download .com.
Its a 30 day trial but it gets rid of all old junk that could be cloging up your hard drive.
Hope this helps
Jono

mattyc_92 20:36 23 May 2005

Windows intends to "compress" old files to save disk-space... They're not in a ZIP archive, but just "compressed".... The files will be in "blue" (where the name of the file is normally black)...

I have over 300megs of compressed files, it doesn't worry me as I know what they are, but I see how you could get abit nervious if you don't... lol

Buchan 35 00:06 24 May 2005

Worry not at all abut these files, just delete them all. It feels like you`ve got too many bits of rubbish in your temporary files.

Janet-201707 06:42 24 May 2005

Thanks everyone for the info. If I could find the files as you suggest Buchan 35, I most certainly would delete them, that's the problem, finding them. LOL. We 3-4 times a week make sure ALL tenporary internet files are dumped, so I think it is not that.

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?