Disappearing Printers

The Curzon Kid 01:26 28 Jan 2006

I have lost all my printers in the Printer and Fax folder!! All the icons and text have disappeared. I have tried to install a printer but get and error message saying that the operation could not be completed. I have also had a SPOOLSV.EXE Application Error reading:

The instruction at "0x00bbb27f" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

I am on XP Home SP1 and have 2 HP printers; an All in one psc 2210 and a 3200 laserjet all in one.

I have recently set up a wireless network and before that upgraded to System Works 2006 and Internet Security 2006 from Symantic.

I have had problems with the 3200 stopping working (could not communicate with pc error) but the 2210 has worked fine till today.
I have looked in the files and allthe software appears to be there and there are no errors in the device manager.

Help!

John

jack 08:50 28 Jan 2006

From what you have said -I cannot put a finbger on what has happened. but for starters. Do this

1. Try a system restore to the day before the glitch.

2.go to Control panel/Hardware/ device manager and checkout the USB section- you are looking for the usual yellow beasties-

Remove any you see
Shutdown
Wait a few minutes
restart
Disable any anti virus software
Reinstall printers from disks

The Curzon Kid 11:28 04 Feb 2006

Thanks Jack,

Everything working now!

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?