Disappearing Epson icon

Cockney Rebel 21:51 26 Mar 2008

Hi
I have an Epson R320 printer.There should be in the taskbar an icon from which I can access ink monitoring,head cleaning etc but it keeps disappearing.I can get it back for a while via monitoring preferences but next time the computer is used lo and behold its gone again!Any ideas anyone.Thankyou.

peter99co 23:04 26 Mar 2008

Go to printers via control panel and open printer properties. you may find something there

rossgolf 23:06 26 Mar 2008

right click taskbar>properties>customize>find it in there and set it to always show

Stuartli 23:08 26 Mar 2008

Is it unchecked from Start>Run> (type in) msconfig>OK>(Starting tab)?

If so you will need to Enable it and Reboot for the change to take effect.

Cockney Rebel 06:51 27 Mar 2008

Many thanks for your help.
rossgolf,
I did as you suggested and found it had been set on a previous occasion to "hide when inactive"
Stuartli,
Ran msconfig and it had been set to "selective start up".Mind you it wa that long ago I can,t remember why.lol.
peter99,
I had found how to put it back through printer properties but as I said ot kept disappearing.
Once again thanks for the help and swift replies.All appears to be ok now,will check tonight and then close this thread.

Cockney Rebel 17:50 27 Mar 2008

Evening
Just got in from work and checked pc.Guess what icon has disappeared again.Any more ideas?Is it worth reinstalling the printer?

Woolwell 18:00 27 Mar 2008

This works for a D88 so it may work for a R320.

Open printing preferences - Maintenance - Speed and Progress - Monitoring Preferences and there is a check box for select short cut icon.

Cockney Rebel 06:19 28 Mar 2008

Thanks for the reply woolwell.Have tried that one.Icon stays for while you have th pc on but next time it is turned on its gone again!

Woolwell 21:17 30 Mar 2008

Just a thought - what order are you switching on the PC and printer? Try PC first then printer and vice versa.

woodchip 21:25 30 Mar 2008

Download Latest Driver for your Printer from Epson. Delete the Old printer From Printer folder before running the setup on new driver

Cockney Rebel 16:42 31 Mar 2008

Woolwell,
Usually switch the pc on first.By the wau the icon has now reappeared!!
woodchip,
Will try the drivers thing later and post how I get on.
Thankyou both for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?