Disappeared! DVD+rw - BIG problem-bad day

AngeTheHippy 16:42 10 Aug 2010

Hi Chaps,
I'm rreally sorry to add another problem on the same day! My backed up data on a DVD+RW disc, which was FINE this morning, now seems to be unwell. I'll put into drive and although it tells me there's only 912mb free of 4.3gb, it's showing NO FILES at all in the contents window! I've tried a bit of demo s/ware that recovers discs, it started OKI then stopped with the following message::

Error: Access violation at 0x004CE62B (tried to read from )x0000018), program terminated

I'm really cheesed off with this - it has my granddaughters last visit's images on. What can I do next please?

AngeTheHippy
x

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:06 10 Aug 2010

1 DVD RW discs are NOT good media to save files

2. try the DVD in another machine
but you need package writing software on that machine to read the data I.E. Nero INCD. Or a machine running windows 7 should read the disk.

AngeTheHippy 17:15 10 Aug 2010

Helo Fruit Bat /\0/\, good hearing from ya. No chance mate, my other 2 machines are XP and neither can read DVD+RW discs, sadly. . .

Ange
x

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:48 10 Aug 2010

Try loading isobuster click here on one of your XP machines and see if that will read it.

AngeTheHippy 17:56 10 Aug 2010

HOWEVER - I've just been to a neighbours, a Vista PC - gives the exact same thing. It shows dick almost full but not whats on the bally thing!!!

Will try isobuster, Fruit Bat /\0/\.

A
x

AngeTheHippy 18:01 10 Aug 2010

ACTUALLY, it ISN'T a DVD+RW - only a DVD+R, but it's possible to do drag and drop on my Vista with this type of DVD.

A

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone