disappeared drives

mr gee 09:42 27 May 2003

I am running X P home .Athlon 1800, Shut down last night --no problems, come to start up this morning --no sound and no cd or cd-r drive showing.
Error ID = 0xC00D11BA, Condition ID = 0x00000000 is the error mesage i get when I try to open media player there is of course a sound card in , it played last night, but more inportant I do attempt to do a repair or re-install because it will not find the cd drive

Philip2 10:26 27 May 2003

I had this problem yesterday 26/5/03 no DVD ROM OR CDR drive showing in Hardware but was showing in the bios When i tried to resolve the problem the worse the computer became i ended up having to reformat and a full OS install every thing is fine now was it a virus?? nothing was showing up.
Running Windows XP.

mr gee 10:37 27 May 2003

no it wasnt a virus I have solved it it was corrupt drivers in windows inf file. I am lucky I have a network at home so I just copied the files into the shared docs folder then copy and pasted them into windows inf everything seems ok now phew

Philip2 21:35 27 May 2003

Well done mr gee i wasn't so lucky in this area took me 6hrs to restore my computer but what corrupted your inf file??

mr gee 22:08 27 May 2003

no idea why the files became corupt ----a computer thingy i suppose :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?