Disabling Laptop Nipple

biteblue 16:29 27 May 2006

I am uisng an old Toshiba Portégé 3490CT laptop which has a nipple. Unfortunatly, the nipple sometimes has a mind of its own so i am using a USB mouse. The problem is it dosen't override the nipple. I don't what to uninstall the nipple using device manager i just want to be able to switch it on and off. Anyone no a way of doing this?

Totally-braindead 16:34 27 May 2006

You might be able to disable it in the BIOS I did this with a friends old laptop when his pointer device started acting up and now just uses a mouse.

Taff™ 16:35 27 May 2006

I`m not sure if you will have this option but you can disable some devices. Go to Device Manager, select the device and right click. Choose disable if it`s available or Properties. On the general tab at the bottom, hopefully the ption isn`t greyed out, select Disable in this profile.

biteblue 16:38 27 May 2006

trouble the bios setup on this laptop is just give the option of what device to boot from. there is a bios update avlaible from toshiba but it requires a FDD.

biteblue 16:39 27 May 2006

the device maanger will only let me uninstall it

Taff™ 16:40 27 May 2006

Try the support site - there`s loads of drivers available for this model. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?