Disabling Laptop Nipple

biteblue 16:29 27 May 2006

I am uisng an old Toshiba Portégé 3490CT laptop which has a nipple. Unfortunatly, the nipple sometimes has a mind of its own so i am using a USB mouse. The problem is it dosen't override the nipple. I don't what to uninstall the nipple using device manager i just want to be able to switch it on and off. Anyone no a way of doing this?

Totally-braindead 16:34 27 May 2006

You might be able to disable it in the BIOS I did this with a friends old laptop when his pointer device started acting up and now just uses a mouse.

Taff™ 16:35 27 May 2006

I`m not sure if you will have this option but you can disable some devices. Go to Device Manager, select the device and right click. Choose disable if it`s available or Properties. On the general tab at the bottom, hopefully the ption isn`t greyed out, select Disable in this profile.

biteblue 16:38 27 May 2006

trouble the bios setup on this laptop is just give the option of what device to boot from. there is a bios update avlaible from toshiba but it requires a FDD.

biteblue 16:39 27 May 2006

the device maanger will only let me uninstall it

Taff™ 16:40 27 May 2006

Try the support site - there`s loads of drivers available for this model. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone