Disable CNR

jam500 14:45 18 Jan 2007

Hi, My 3rd pci slot is linked to the cnr slot and my manual says i cant use both, I have removed the dialup modem from the cnr and want to use the 3rd pci slot, But when i have put in mu usb card in the 3rd pci slot the pc wont load windows getting stuck on the select bios boot drive screen. Do i or can i disable the cnr slot or should it work just by removing the dialup modem. I have broadband so i have no use for the dialup one. many thanks

STREETWORK 21:06 18 Jan 2007

Looks like its set up to request the cnr and if you have taken it out windows will wonder where it went.

Disable CNR

Disabling CNR and its associated programs is simple: right-click on the green CNR icon in the lower right, then click on Configure in the pop-up dialogue. Go through each of the sections, marked by tabs on the left side, and un-check each of the checked boxes. Then click on OK. When the window closes, right-click on the CNR icon again and click on Quit in the pop-up dialogue. All Click N Run services will be disabled but not removed, so if you want to re-enable them at some point, you can.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone