DirectX d3d9.dll Correct Version??

FCD 09:16 17 Mar 2008

I have d3d9.dll issues with MS FSX and, in spite of updating DirectX several times {including using a Win XP clean boot}, the d3d9.dll file has not changed. It remains the original version 5.3.2600.2180 dated Aug 04.

On the other hand, I was told on the FSX forum that I should have an updated version of d3d9.dll{6.00.6001.17052, dated 11/30/2007} although this was from someone who was running Vista.

Grateful if someone could confirm which version of d3d9.dll I should have on a fully updated Win XP SP2 and also, if I should have a newer version, any advice on how to obtain it.

Many thanks.

John Rooum

johnnyrocker 10:23 17 Mar 2008

might be worth a look click here=

johnny

brundle 11:16 17 Mar 2008

Vista uses DirectX10.
I've installed the latest Dx9 (March) and my d3d9.dll is v5.3.2600.2180.

sky-html 05:35 08 Oct 2011

Restart your computer if you haven't yet.

The dll error might be a fluke and a simple restart could clear it up completely.

Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX will fix the dll not found error.

Note: Microsoft often releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter so be sure to install the latest release even if your version is technically the same.

Note: The same DirectX installation program works with all versions of Windows including Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and more. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10, or DirectX 9 file.

You can use the dllsuite to solve the missing dll problems. visit www.dllsuite.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?