DirectX 9 Installation Issues with Virtual DJ

MissBragg 19:50 08 May 2010

I recently installed a new Sound Card for my PC to work alongside my Hercules DJ software, which will enable me to use headphones and speakers when DJing.

I know that my Sound Card is working, as when I open iTunes I can listen to music with both the headphones and speakers.

However, when opening the Virtual DJ software it has an error message whichg says there's an error with DirectX. To fix this, I downloaded DirectX.9 as this is the one compatible with my soundcard. When running through the installation it is unable to install because it was 'interrupted.' When using the Virtual DJ software I am unable to configure the settings for the SoundCard or play any music with the programme as there there is this issue with DirectX.

Could someone please explain to me how I can fix this? Also, I'm not super computer savvy, so please be quite descriptive and simple so I can understand all the jargon! :P

Thank You!

citadel 20:51 08 May 2010

to test direct x, start, run, or start search on vista type dxdiag click on it, when it starts you can test sound and other things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone