directly record from phone to pc

theamazingfreddey 16:03 26 Apr 2015

I want to record my tv screen using my phone's HD camera, but my phone only has 5gbs free and recording 10/20 min sessions would require way more than 5gbs of memory for the large file that is gonna be created, so i thought why not transfer the file directly to my pc through a cable?

Or i also thought of using the phone camera as a webcam for the pc and recording the webcam with fraps, but then wouldn't the quality be worse? I dont know. Amaze me with ideas pleaze :)

p.s.

im using an android phone for this, so we can spice it up with some magic

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:39 26 Apr 2015

I want to record my tv screen

Make and model of TV? Will it record to a USB stick most modern TVs do?

or do you have a PVR? DVD recorder?

theamazingfreddey 17:54 26 Apr 2015

i thought of recording my tv with my phone's camera, because it's 1080p it record well!

The only downside is that the file it records is large so i was thinking of a way to record and save the file to the PC while the phone is still recording

Or using the phone as a webcam and then fromt he pc using fraps to record the onscreen webcam view

I dont want to use any pvr or dvd recorders just my phone, pc and normal tv

bumpkin 18:05 26 Apr 2015

Possibly I have not understood what you wish to do exactly. If you want to record TV to PC then HDMI cable may be easiest if both support it.

wee eddie 18:10 26 Apr 2015

This strikes me as, potentially, a way of avoiding the Tv Companies time limitations.

On the realistic side of things, the quality of the recoding is likely to be dire and the file, for a half hour programme, huge.

theamazingfreddey 18:45 26 Apr 2015

i know i want to record 10/20 minutes of me playing on my console, and i was thinking of a way to work around the huge file thing because my phoen doesn't have that much memory, so i thought if you guys could help me find a way to save the recorded file directly on my PC just as it would save on my phone

any ideas on how id do that?

bumpkin 18:58 26 Apr 2015

I don't see why you need a phone, have a look at this link it may be what you want. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?