Direct 3D

Hotfingers 14:18 18 Jan 2003
  Hotfingers 14:18 18 Jan 2003

A while back my computer, every now and then when changing to the screensaver would constantly click from one resolution to another and I would have to turn it off. To try and fix this I formated my hard drive, and it was fine for a few weeks. Now all of a sudden it has started doing this again, however after a while it stops and says 'cannot create Direct3D device'. I have used DX diag and when I run 'test Direct 3d' it says:

'D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)'.

I have the latest version as far as I know, 8.1. It does not get far enough into the test to run D3D8 tests. I have tried to re-install Direct X but it has not worked.
System: PIII 650, 384Mb, GeForce2 GTS 32mb with WHQL certification.

Thanks in advance
Hotfingers

bvw in bristol 14:42 18 Jan 2003

Might help you:click here many people with the same problem.

Stuartli 14:59 18 Jan 2003

Microsoft has just released DirectX version 9 - it is backward compatible but MS warns that some drivers etc may have to be updated for some hardware.

Hotfingers 16:37 18 Jan 2003

Thanks very much for everyones help. I have now downloaded DirectX 9 and it now runs a dream. I would recommend people with a moderatly modern graphics card and Win Xp to download this. My computer graphics runs much faster. A word of warning though, make sure you do a system restore as you cannot remove Direct X.

Thanks again
Hotfingers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?