diplay problem and dxva sig file

robert01 15:35 05 Feb 2006

The other day I noticed a notepad file called dxva_sig had appeared on my desktop. Now my monitor image keeps breaking up - sometimes it is perfect at other times barely visible. Device manager says the graphics card is working fine, I have done no changes to drivers recenty and the pc is not running too hot. Putting this file name into google suggest a problem with Window Media Player but also my McAfee Virus Scan won't launch saying some coponents are missing or not installed properly - any ideas ?

Gongoozler 15:46 05 Feb 2006

Does this look familiar click here

or this click here

robert01 13:39 06 Feb 2006

I have downloaded Windows Media Player 10 and the monitor image is still breaking up and displaying odd colours and flickering lines - forget about the virus problem, that is solved.

Gongoozler 14:21 06 Feb 2006

Device Manager saying that the graphics card is working doesn't really tell you much at all. It's still possible that the driver has been corrupted or that you have a graphics card or monitor hardware fault. Try unplugging and refitting the monitor video connector(s), removing and reinstalling the graphics driver, otherwise you can only try substitution of the monitor and graphics card.

robert01 19:24 06 Feb 2006

Problem solved - plugged monitor into laptop computer, image was still bad but improves if you give it a whack ! Glad don't have to mess around with drivers etc. Many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?