digital tv to dvd

Daiol 14:16 20 Jan 2007

Hi,i have digital tv on my computer via a digital tv usb stick,works fine all digital programs etc.i can record a film on to my hdd,but i cant seem to get to copy the film from the hdd to a dvd disc i can play the film with wmp 10 and also power dvd i have nero installed but nero wont have nothing to do with the file concerned,Is there any other way [software] that i can get this film from my hdd to a dvd disc.thanks in advance.ps im using windows xp pro.daiol.

Terry Brown 15:09 20 Jan 2007

Do you have the mpeg 2 codecs from Nero, without them you canot burn a DVD video disk.

With Nero you need the full version(not the limited one that come with the DVD drive (or the computer)). I believe version 6 is the lowest version for DVD.

You can purchase the upgraded license from NERO

These are an ad on (which of course costs extra)
Terry

ArrGee 15:21 20 Jan 2007

I tend to use this to good effect for both recording and burning
click here

Daiol 15:41 20 Jan 2007

Thanks for the info,no i dont have full nero i just have the bare nero,& ArrGee that info you gave looks good what was the damage for that piece of software?.Thankyou both anyway.By the way the nero that i have came with ADS tech record to cd software.

ArrGee 15:44 20 Jan 2007

I think it was around 80 euros. But well worth it. Does the biz and simple to use.

anchor 15:55 20 Jan 2007

I see that Arcosoft TotalMedia costs $79.99.

The exchange rate today at M&S bureau de change to buy $$, was $1.91 to the £1. That should make it about £42.

However, there a trial version is available.

Stuartli 16:39 20 Jan 2007

Have you tried updating your current version of Nero to the latest version (6.6.1.6), which is FOC from click here or click here?

You just might have to download an earlier version and then the latest as above; retain your present installation and install the downloaded version.

Daiol 17:53 20 Jan 2007

Stuartli,Thanks for info i did update my nero to the 6.6.1.6,is it possible that you could put me on the right track to get this job done with nero i know you might think that i'm a pain in the rear but thanks anyway.daiol

Stuartli 19:12 20 Jan 2007

Does your version include SmartStart - if so you have the straightforward choice of burning to CDs or DVDs.

In addition Ahead provides very extensive Help files on its website relating to various aspects of burning disks. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017