Digital TV Card ?

CFC23 12:05 02 Jan 2009

Happy New Year to all you good folks!

My MCE computer on XP came three or so years ago with a analogue TV card fitted. This has worked well but with the change over to digital I need to change to a digital tuner.

I see that some of the latest ones are PCI-Express. I do not have PCI-Express slots in my computer only normal PCI. I am looking for recommendations for a "best buy"

Thanks in anticapation.

Stuartli 13:33 02 Jan 2009

If you want the lot in one card, see:

click here

Otherwise one of its Freeview TV cards (i.e. analogue plus digital):

click here

CFC23 15:34 02 Jan 2009

Thanks for that Stuartli.

I have had a look and they are all PCI-Express or for Vista in the spec. Or am I missing something?

Stuartli 19:23 02 Jan 2009

Appears so. The first link system requirements states "a spare PCI slot"..and "Visita or XP 32bit with Service Pack 2":-)

Stuartli 19:24 02 Jan 2009

I'm sure it will be similar for the D+A Freeview models as Hauppauge has been manufacturing such cards for many years.

CFC23 19:44 02 Jan 2009

Stuartli, sorry about that, I missed that bit.
In the small print it does not use the MCE remote control but uses it's own. I had hoped to avoid yet another remote. So still looking.
Thank You.

Stuartli 00:01 03 Jan 2009

Many (most) TV cards have their own remote control.

The Twinhan I mention has a remote control but I prefer to do it via the computer (i.e. with ShowShifter).

CFC23 10:23 03 Jan 2009

Stuartli,both you links were for Hauppauge.
I will have a look at the Twinhan you have mentioned in your last post and also having a look at Pinnacle.
Don't want to spend very much on a three year + computer. I had naively thought I would be able to just buy a card to replace my analogue one and use Media Centre as before with existing remote.

Thanks for all you help,I will give it a tick.

Stuartli 11:30 03 Jan 2009

Absolutely correct...:-)

There is a similar thread running in which I refer to my Twinhan Freeview TV card - it was a subconscious reference on my part in this thread. See:

click here

CFC23 11:37 03 Jan 2009

Thanks Again!

Stuartli 11:38 03 Jan 2009

Some hybrid TV cards:

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?