Digital projector recommendations, please

Pineman100 16:17 08 Dec 2008

My wife belongs to a society that uses our local, small theatre for lectures, presentations etc. The theatre also wants to show digital films.

The society and the theatre are currently planning to share the cost of buying a digital projector, for Powerpoint presentations and digital movies, and I'm hoping that someone might be able to recommend a good projector.

The distance from the projection point to the screen is about 20 metres, and the auditorium can be effectively darkened. They have been told that a projector of no less than 3000 ansi lumens will be required. Ideally they also need a zoom lens, as movies will need a bigger image than lecture presentations.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, but not horrendously expensive, projector to fit this spec, please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:50 08 Dec 2008

20 meters is long way to project.

The screen will be massive and there will be loss of brightness and clarity at that distance.

click here

Pineman100 17:37 08 Dec 2008

That's a great link, Fruit Bat /\0/\. Thanks very much.

Yes, I hear what you say about the projection distance. Between me and you, I suspect that the society and the the theatre might have to redesign the projection layout when they find out what a projector of that acapability is going to cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?