Digital Pic Storage

dp600 13:54 03 Jan 2006

I am going on holiday doon and taking my digital camera.It only has an internal memory and the place I am going to has no coputers I can download the images to a cd or dvd on.Is there somthing I can buy that will store them(not including lots of memory cards).
Thank You
Dave.

rmcqua 13:58 03 Jan 2006

How many pictures do you think you will be taking? you may only need one decent sized memory card (a 512Mb card will store at least 300 good definition pictures, a 1Gb card double that).

jack 14:24 03 Jan 2006

When you say your camera only has internal memory you do really mean that, no memory card slot then?

It has only the means to down load to a computer then?

If where you are going has a photoprocessing out let then it should have these days digital processing unless you really out in the back of beyond.

The only answer then is buy another camera with memory card facilities- other means such as 'Live' storage based on a hard drive firm ware a screen in a posh box area as expensive as a medium priced camera.
Another camera seems to be the route.
There are many outlets now that sell discontinued camera at bargain prices look at click here
for starters.

dp600 16:17 03 Jan 2006

Thanks all .It will take memory cards I was just wondering if there was another option.The camra is a sony DSC W7

alB 16:30 03 Jan 2006

This device might be more cost effective than buying numerous memory cards click here ...alB

dp600 16:42 03 Jan 2006

Thanks alB looks like what im looking for

hssutton 17:23 03 Jan 2006

Another one to look at is the Jobo Giga One a 30Gb drive at £100.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?