digital photos on lounge tv

newearwax 09:15 27 Mar 2004

If I transfer digital photos on to cd will I be able to show them on tv or must I transfer them to dvd? Apart from the cd or dvd is there any other equipment required?

john-232317 09:36 27 Mar 2004

If your DVD player plays vcd you will be ok. Use camera software to make a slideshow.

©®@$? 09:37 27 Mar 2004

or if your camera has gor a connection for s video (i think it is) and your tv has also you can run a cable direct from your camera and tv..

billyliv 09:39 27 Mar 2004

Hi, I have just tried a digital photo CD in my Philips DVD recorder (Which plays all formats of CD) It doesn't work. It comes up disc error. I have a card reader that connects to the video s sockets on the front of the tv. that way you can view your photos. Cheers, Bill

john-232317 09:45 27 Mar 2004

Thats what i meant about playing VCD`s not all players play them, especially expensive ones, it seems the cheaper the player the more facilities.
For the cost of a disc you might as well try, you can use it on the PC anyway.

Falkyrn 09:53 27 Mar 2004

If as said above your dvd player supports vcd or svcd then creating a slide show is one way to go. My own experience echoes the comments above re cheaper players.

another path is if your dvd player supports jpg images ..... then it should be a simple matter of creating a data disc with the images in jpg (jpeg) format.

Forum Editor 09:58 27 Mar 2004

click here

Excellent.

john-232317 10:11 27 Mar 2004

Good link FE but a lot of the camera software includes similar already.

pj123 13:02 27 Mar 2004

I use Ulead DVD Pictureshow to make slideshows playable on my domestic DVD player (which is a multiformat player). But from a previous thread of mine I have now tried HP Memories Disc Creator and found it just as good and it is free. Previous thread is click here and the link to try is click here

siouxah1 15:02 27 Mar 2004

In addition to the above information try here

click here

Lots of good info on all things DVD/CD

Regards Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017