digital photo transfer software

Logov 10:39 12 Apr 2004

I'd be interested to know people's opinions on the best software for transferring digital photographs from camera/memory media to rewritable cd. I use Nero at the moment but dont find it as easy as it should be to place photos onto the same cd over and over again. It seems so fiddly and have once wiped what was already on the cd whilst trying to put new photos on it.

Despite using only Nero the programme fails to recognise its previous work on cdrw for some reason.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a programme that will recognise photos on a cdrw and simply add new photos automatically without having to fiddle around too much I'd be very interested.

pj123 10:56 12 Apr 2004

If you format the CD/RW disk you can just use drag and drop from Windows Explorer - just like a floppy disk. If using Nero on an unformatted CD/RW you need to tick "Start Multisession Disk", then when adding more to it you need to tick "Continue Multisession Disc" and also take the tick out of "Replace files in Compilation" and make sure there is a tick in "Add new files to compilation".

Logov 22:56 13 Apr 2004

Thanks for the reply pj, I didn't realise you could do that. However, I'd still love to know if there are programmes out there that are as simple to use and could perhaps do what Nero can (not limited to photo album compilation but other tasks ie MP3 conversion being only one. Something that would allow me to reduce or at least limit the amount of software on my pc).

hssutton 23:13 13 Apr 2004

Easy Cd & DVD creator will do all you ask. Only £7.49 for verson 6 on Ebay click here

woodchip 23:18 13 Apr 2004

If you have full version of NERO then you have "In CD" on the disc this allows you to format the CDRW and in explorer you just drag file on to the disc or into Folders you create. Id you see a CD ICON in the sytem tray bottom right put a CDRW in the comp right click the ICON and choose format

frazky 00:02 14 Apr 2004

search UDF - woodchip refers to this I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?