DIGITAL PHONE & INTERNET CONNECTION

Tonymac 20:39 02 Jan 2003
  Tonymac 20:39 02 Jan 2003

I HAVE GENERALLY NO PROBLEM CONNECTING TO MY INTERNET PROVIDER(FREESERVE) USING MY LAPTOP AND PSION DACOM GOLD CARD GLOBAL MODEM AND A NORMAL PHONE LINE. HOWEVER SINCE MY OFFICE HAS INSTALLED A DIGITAL PHONE I CANNOT CONNECT. I GET THE MESSAGE "NO DIAL TONE".
CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE.

TONY MAC

graham 20:52 02 Jan 2003

Tony, stop shouting. You may need to change your dial-up settings. Is this a new internal phone system? What country are you in?

Tonymac 21:03 02 Jan 2003

Yes Graham, it is a new internal phone system (gone to digital). I live in England.

Tony Mac

Tonymac 21:03 02 Jan 2003

Yes Graham, it is a new internal phone system (gone to digital). I live in England.

Tony Mac

graham 21:14 02 Jan 2003

Tony, in that case your comp should recognize the dial tone as before. Does it sound different on an extension on the new system? I think it may be just that you need to change your dial-up settings to insert a 9, or whatever you dial for an outside line, before your Freeserve number.

graham 21:21 02 Jan 2003

Wait a minute! When you say digital that's a whole new ball game! Your modem won't see a digital line! Can you be provided with an anologue extension on the new system? If not, money will have to change hands to buy a digital to analogue interface or a digital modem. You still will have to put the 9 in.

siarad 21:30 02 Jan 2003

Analogue modems don't work on digital lines you're stuffed sorry. Some companies put special analogue points in. Does the company have an Internet network you can connect through?

Tonymac 16:00 05 Jan 2003

Thanks gents,
Now I know where I stand.

Tonymac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?