Digital Cameras NOT compatible with Vista

User-72865211-3892-493E-B81CE8BB8501FDCB 13:15 29 Apr 2007

Despite Panasonic saying that my DMCLZ5 digital camera is compatible with Windows Vista on their web site, it is not. I contacted Panasonic in April and they told me rather unhelpfully that the appropriate patches would be ready by March.

Can anyone help? I have a camera that I cannot use on Vista.

MAJ 13:42 29 Apr 2007

It's a fact that some manufacturer's are slower than others when releasing new drivers for Vista. I assume you're trying to get your photos onto your PC? To that end you might consider buying a card reader until such times as Panasonic release the drivers. click here

harry12 14:00 29 Apr 2007

I use two cameras on Vista and find no problems.
I allow windows to find camera and download pictures.

i

I bought a card reader which works fine on my office PC but not at home with my useless Windows Vista. Panasonic are also useless by claiming that my camera is compatible when it is clearly not. HELP

Kate B 09:25 02 May 2007

You shouldn't need any software or drivers, you should just be able to plug the camera into a USB port and the camera will show up as a removeable drive in Computer, from where you can drag and drop picture files.

johnnyrocker 09:26 02 May 2007

i note your card reader does not work on the pc either, might you not have usb issues as opposed to camera?

johnny.

keef66 10:43 02 May 2007

I always use a card reader because it seems easier than plugging the camera in to the pc.

I don't understand how a simple device like a USB card reader can fail to work on Vista. Do other usb devices work properly?

Or have I misunderstood and you're trying to access your photos via some Panasonic software rather than windows explorer??

keef66 10:44 02 May 2007

are you a polar bear?

(big pause)

Dear all, thank you for your comments. It is Vista not recognising something. An error code 28 appears in the device manager and I can't clear it. Vista doesn't recognise the Panasonic software despite it being on my desktop. The plug and play card reader appears in the device manager but it does not open. Sorry for not being technical enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?