Digital Cameras - installing 2

User-42BE0B3A-FC75-4118-BB8E1390237F847E 11:57 15 Jan 2003

I have a Kodak DX3700 (which eats batteries as is mentioned elsewhere). Because of this and non-video capability, I want to install another camera also ( 1Mp and cheap). I borrowed one to try and, although the software loaded, windows(98SE) did not see the cameraby plug and pray. When I tried to install it myself via Control Panel, it only saw the Kodak Camera. How can i get round this?

MAJ 12:24 15 Jan 2003

How are you attaching the camera to the computer? If it's via a USB cable, you need to install the drivers before you attach the camera.

MAJ,
Thanks for the reply. The camera I tried was a Jamcam - 0.3Mp via USB. I had loaded the software via a Cd successfully then left it in the drive as instucted when I trie dto install camera. The Windows driver started loading then stopped.Nothing more happened, that's when I went to Control panel.

Octoz 12:53 15 Jan 2003

Did you switch the camera to PC operation?

MAJ 12:59 15 Jan 2003

I'm not familiar with that particular camera, fredflinstone, but, as well as Octoz's suggestion, some digital cameras can be very fussy about the length of USB cable that can be used. Some get twitchy if the cable is longer than 3 metres.

graham 13:07 15 Jan 2003

It may be in Control Panel under "removable drives".

Belatucadrus 13:46 15 Jan 2003

The software may also have loaded it as a Twain source, try "Scan new" with Imaging if the camera is there you should get a select source window that will include the Jamcam as an option.

Thanks to all who replied especially Belatucadrus who provided the solution. It had loaded as a Twain source and when I looked at my scanner, it was an option there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?