Digital Cameras

User-F2431D4F-62D0-4437-928506E1A8EE85F7 15:52 24 Sep 2004

Hello, Can you advise of which is the best digital camera out there at the moment ( Value for money ) and the pros and cons with the digital age??

Kind regards

SANTOS7 16:20 24 Sep 2004

A good place to start may be the reviews link at the top of the page select digital cameras in the price range you want click on links for detailed info

pj123 16:31 24 Sep 2004

This depends on what you want to use it for. I would suggest you set yourself a maximum price you want to pay and then go to this site and see what you can get for the money. click here

The camera I use now is the Minolta Z1, a really good camera and does exactly what I want.

Simon_P 17:38 24 Sep 2004

click here For reviews when you have decided what you can afford.

Pros and cons are a long debate.

From a users point of view though,

Digital: can be expensive to start with, but generally has a lower running cost, there is no waste in printing costs (you just print or have printed what you want) when experimenting any disasters can just be deleted of archived.
Take as many photos as you want (within the limits of your memory card) at no additional cost.

Film: cameras are cheaper, good quality film "can" have a better tonal range than digital, processing can be expensive if you take lots of photos and wasteful if you like to experiment with different things.

If you want to have good quality prints go for 3.0 MP or more, all the major camera makers turn out excellent digital cameras, choose one that suits your needs in terms of functions (manual/auto or both) zoon lens, size, weight etc.
Top brands include Canon, Nikon Fuji, Minolta, Olympus.

hssutton 17:39 24 Sep 2004

As pj123 says how much are you willing to pay, there are cameras out there that range from less than £100 to many £thousands.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?