Digital Camera to TV connection

tristar 19:02 26 Feb 2004

Hi,
I've just bought a new digital widescreen TV.
It has sockets allowing a digital movie camera to be connected to the set, allowing pictures to be shown on screen.

I have a Fuji digital camera that I can connect to my PC using a usb connection. Is there an adapter that would enable me to connect my camera to the TV?

Regards,

Tristar

Gongoozler 19:05 26 Feb 2004

If your camera has video out, you should be able to get a cable to make the connection. My Sony has a miniature jack socket, my daughters Nikon uses the USB socket. You need to refer to the manual for your Fuji.

tristar 19:10 26 Feb 2004

Sorry, I didn't make it clear, my Fuji is a digital STILL camera

Gongoozler 19:14 26 Feb 2004

Hi tristar, that's what I assumed. My Sony lets me use the tv connection to view the scene in place of the LCD display or to show the pictures after I've taken them.

Gongoozler 19:17 26 Feb 2004

Sorry, I assumed that bit correctly, but I think you mean a digital signal from the camera. I'm referring to analogue sigals. Unless your camera has digital outputs, I don't think you will get an analogue to digital converter without spending a lot of money.

woodchip 19:18 26 Feb 2004

As Gongoozler say's you have to have the Video out on the Camera if it as not got one you have had it

tristar 15:05 27 Feb 2004

Thanks, Fuji has just told me the same thing.

Ah, well............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?