Digital Camera - photo transfer to PC

toogie 11:31 26 Oct 2008

I have transferred photos from my Konica Minolta Dimage Z3 many many times over the last 3 years with no problem. Recently, however, my PC does not recognise the hardware when plugged into the USB Port, i.e. the "F" Drive no longer appears in "My Computer" folder.
I have reloaded the driver from the installation CD and run the problem shooting wizard on my XP PC.Still no answers.
Does anyone have any suggestions for other checks I can make before I buy another camera to PC lead, in the hope that the problem lies with this.

lofty29 12:08 26 Oct 2008

Have you tried downloading to the PC via a card reader to usb port rather than from the camera, these are cheap nowadays and operate quicker and without any battery drain on the camera, I use the port on my printer to do the job.

Technotiger 12:23 26 Oct 2008

As lofty29 says, the best way to do this is via USB Card Reader, very cheap and certainly quicker.

skidzy 12:26 26 Oct 2008

Is it recognized in Disc Management ?

Start / Right click MY Computer and select Manage / Storage / Disc management...... is it listed ?

If so right click the device and change the drive path and letter (maybe to z) this will reduce confusion within windows.

jack 12:59 26 Oct 2008

Is to leave the supplied software in the box.
This what you must do now.
Remove that software.
Unplug the camera from the computer.
Rerstart the computer and run CCleaner [Free Download]
Plug the camera in

The Scanner/Camera Wizard will come up and what you want to do with the images it has found.
Or
Go to 'My Computer' and click on the new drive letter that is there.

toogie 20:34 28 Oct 2008

Thanks all I have opted to buy a Card Reader which should be with me in a couple of days.

Technotiger 20:41 28 Oct 2008

OK - thanks for your feedback.

woodchip 21:42 28 Oct 2008

You could also try, Remove All USB's from Sockets turn off Computer, pull out the 13amp plug then press and hold the power button in for ten seconds. Restart as Normal and try your camera

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?