digital camera .mov file

Squabbler 13:07 24 Apr 2008

hi i know this isnt really a pc question, well it is sort of, basically i bought a kodak c713 the other day and when it takes videos it clearly saves them as a .mov file as when i try to play them on the laptop it says this is an unknown format by real player or wmp. does this mean im going to have to convert the file from .mov to something else to play them all the time?
please write back if anyone can help with this?

danielb6611 13:13 24 Apr 2008

squabbler
when you view the file on the computer right click on the video and click open with then click windows media player

try that
might not work

eedcam 13:18 24 Apr 2008

Or download freebie vlc player that'll play it
click here

Squabbler 13:21 24 Apr 2008

wmp was wot i mean for windows media player.
so that didnt work either,
i was just hoping there wasa way of being able to play it on real or wmp somehow cus if it aint gona play on them then i cnt get it into windows movie maker to edit it eithout again converting it. it wud just be a rele long winded process for no need. how stupid.
cant even take it back as its exepmt from the 30 day guarantee money back.
wot a silly idea tho to make it save in a file tha cnt play. grr

why isnt things simple lol

DieSse 13:28 24 Apr 2008

.mov files are Apple Quicktime format.

You have three choices -

Install Quicktime (probably the simplest)

Convert them to a different format.

Use other software that supports .mov files.

Woolwell 13:34 24 Apr 2008

Simplest solution as DieSse hast stated is install Quicktime but beware the Apple updates will also try to install ITunes and Safari. You have to watch the Apple update program carefully.

billrose 09:17 25 Apr 2008

you can convert the mov file to other video formats that supported by real player or wmp such as rm,rmvb,i usually use nidesoft video converter which worked well for me,more video converter you can visit click here of luck

johnnyrocker 09:27 25 Apr 2008

link does not work

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?