Digital Camera Memory Card

vienna1981 14:23 11 Apr 2004

Hi, I got a Genius G-Shot D211 Digital Camera for my christmas, but I would like to buy a memory card for it. I'm not sure where to look or what I'm looking for, the only info I am given is as follows:
"The specification of memory card applicable to this camera is SD or MMC (4/8/16/32/64/128MB)"
Could someone point me in the direction of cheap memory cards for this camera? Thanks in advance.

Totally-braindead 14:27 11 Apr 2004

Try click here they are very cheap

vienna1981 14:30 11 Apr 2004

which is better? SD or MMC cards?

anchor 14:42 11 Apr 2004

I would`nt say there is much difference; choose the cheapest from 7dayshop.

This information may be of some use to you: On a Spanish forum I found that some people had problems in getting the camera recognised by the computer. There was a reply from Genius, (in English), which said:

Please install the driver of this product before connecting the camera to the pc.
Follow on screen wizard to finish adding necessary files into your system.
Then, please set the camera to pc mode, and set camera as "PC camera mode".
Press the shutter and then connect the camera to your pc.
Check if your system find a new hardware or not.
If not, please check if there is any device with "?", "!" or "X" mark in your System Device Manager.
If the system find a new hardware, please follow on screen wizard to finish installing the camera.
Then, please disconnect the camera and shut down the camera.
Turn on the camera and set it to "PC mode" again.
Now, please set it to "Mass Storage Mode", and press the shutter to confirm.
Connect the camera to the pc and see if your system find a new hardware again or not.
If yes, please check if you have a Removable HDD in your system.
You can refer to the attached file about the installation.

If you want to download the images stored in the camera, please set the camera as Mass Storage Mode, then you can see a removable drive in your system. Please get the image from the removable drive.

vienna1981 14:50 11 Apr 2004

thanks anchor but luckily i havent had this problem.

vienna1981 14:52 11 Apr 2004

is this problem with a memory card, as so far with the in-built memory when uploading images from my camera to my pc i use mass storage and havent had any problems, will the memory card affect this???

anchor 14:58 11 Apr 2004

No, it should not.

Of course, you always could get a USB card reader which is a very convenient method of uploading pics from the memory card. They are quite inexpensive. Many forum members use card readers, including myself, as the method of choice.

Salinger 15:20 11 Apr 2004

MUCH easier just to use a Card Reader.

TommyRed 15:26 11 Apr 2004

Totally agree, I've just got a 7-in-1 card reader for my XD cards £12 odd delivered by 7day shop.HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?