Digital Camera to CD

Old Shep 10:24 17 May 2004

My friend has a digital camera and wants to download the film and stills to his pc (easy) and then put them onto a cd to play in his fathers dvd player (hard) Any ideas on how to do this please.

Diodorus Siculus 10:26 17 May 2004

Copy them to the CD and most DVD players will view them - just check the DVD specs.

Old Shep 10:28 17 May 2004

Thanks but he tried that and it did not work. His dvd player is compatable with all the usual cdr cdrw etc.

Diodorus Siculus 10:30 17 May 2004

What format were the images? I have only done it once for a friend and copied them as jpegs with no problem.

MichelleC 10:34 17 May 2004

Also you may have to convert the video film to mpeg format before burning (with Nero 6 et al).

Old Shep 10:38 17 May 2004

Diodorus Siculus will have to get back to you on that one. MichelleC I did have a feeling it may have to be converted but then if he converts the film will it still copy both film and stills to play. Confusing isnt it.

MichelleC 13:33 17 May 2004

I think you have to treat the 2 things as separate items. You burn pics as jpegs as Diodorus Siculus says and video as mpeg.

Old Shep 13:37 17 May 2004

Thank you will try it when I see him.

Rigga 13:37 17 May 2004

Just did this the other day.

Just choose a Video CD to burn instead of a data CD, and add the files through Nero or whichever burning sw you use.

It should then create as a video CD which can play in almost all DVD players.

Rigga.

stlucia 13:38 17 May 2004

If your father's DVD player won't play the "raw" image files, you can create a slideshow on a video CD or super video CD (better quality) if you've got a CD burner, or on a DVD if you've got a DVD burner, using Nero or Roxio or one of the other major burning softwares.

Similar for video work.

Old Shep 13:39 17 May 2004

Thank you Rigga will try that as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros