Digital Camera

El Motto 19:14 21 Sep 2003

I've recently purchased an Olympus C4000z digital camera which is suppose to be 'plug & play' for Windows ME (my PC operating system) with USB link. However, switching the camera on does not give a new 'removable drive' in 'My Computer', but does show as a 'storage device' in the USB controller in Device Manager. Olympus recommended updating the driver to this 'storage device' by using their Windows 98 driver from their web-site (even though it is not supose to need it). This I did, but as soon as ME tried implementing the drive update to that device the PC 'hung' with the message "updating hardware database - 0%.

Do I have a Windows ME problem or a camera driver problem ? Any suggestions how to resolve this gratefully received ! Gerald.

dazzling (work) 19:19 21 Sep 2003

i had a simillar problem with my camera .in the end i bought a usb card reader much quicker than downloading from camera and no problems at all.darren

Switcher 19:26 21 Sep 2003

Agree with Dazzling suggestion go straight for USB card reader 6 in 1 will cost about £15-00 and has other uses also

El Motto 20:38 21 Sep 2003

Thank you for that. You have confirmed what I suspected - a separate USB card reader seems to be the best answer here. Gerald.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires