digital camcorder help?

7 20:36 18 Apr 2004

I am interested in buying digital camcorder under 450GBP. i have looked for canon750i for 400GBP which is out of stock presently. is it a good purchase if i buy from somewhere (in jessops same one is for 549GBP).or is there any other suggestions....thank u for ur help

7 20:42 18 Apr 2004

also tell me which site should i look for cheaper bargain.....

GroupFC 22:01 18 Apr 2004

I don't know the 750i, but I've had a look at a number of sites thrown up by Google, and it would appear that the best price for this camera is about £400 from Pixmania.

I haven't been able to find any reviews of the camera as such but from this click here it would appear that this magazine is carrying a review in its latest addition so it may be worth trying to get hold of a copy!

I have an older canon model (mv530i) interestingly bought from Pixmania about a year ago. I am well pleased with the camera (although some of the camera work leaves something to be desired!). There were reports of this model picking up some camera noise but I can't say I have had any serious issues with this.

Good luck!

7 22:26 18 Apr 2004

thank u for ur help.....any other comments...

byfordr 07:45 19 Apr 2004

I had a look at the 750i, also it predeccesor the 650i. I ended up getting a Sony, not regreted it! Less zoom than the Canons, but I feel a better spread of features. Hardly any camera shake, such a light camcorder. My orginal post my be of help click here

HTH

R

Bagsey 08:26 19 Apr 2004

I suggest that you pose this question on click here you will be able to contact a lost of expertise.

961 08:32 19 Apr 2004

Remember that Jessops will generally price match even internet offers

Ensure that whatever you buy has DV IN as well as DV out so that video editing can be easy

7 09:17 19 Apr 2004

hi!!!! i have just checked out DC HI40 from sony............485GBP..........any advice on that

7 10:33 19 Apr 2004

any advice plz on sony camcorders....

961 18:42 19 Apr 2004

My Sony camcorder is about 4 years old and works exceptionally well producing excellent work with a top quality lens

Many Sony camcorders do NOT have DVD in, which means that after you have edited your movies on your computer you cannot tape the finished film back into the camera for easy showing on the tv etc. So you certainly need to ensure that the model you buy has both dv in and out

You won't be disappointed in the quality of the pictures

7 18:21 20 Apr 2004

i was surprised when i went to jessops today with printout of click here site abt sony camcorder which was showing 230GBP less than there shop price and lady told me that they cant reduce price as this site is french and not uk site.....does anybody know uk site where i can get it so cheap.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?