Digital camcorder to computer using an ilink??

  Keithrow 16:38 02 Apr 2004

Can anyone tell me if the Sony 'ilink' is another name for a firewire connection? Also does anyone know where I could get an inexpensive one?
Using a Sony DCRHC40 connecting to a 2.8 Athlon Mesh with audigy ex sound card.
Many thanks

  stlucia 16:42 02 Apr 2004

ilink and firewire are the same thing.

  byfordr 16:47 02 Apr 2004

Ebuyer...cheapest I've ever found. They have a firewire cable for £1.67 click here Also cables that are aledegly original i-link cables for £6.70 (about £20 to £30 in the shops) Just make sure they are purple and stamped sony (I had to complain, as they sent twice sent me unbranded cables) The £1.67 ones work very well. Also makes sure you get the right cables. Most pcs have 6 pin (firewire/i-link/1394) interfaces. Most cameras/camcorders have four pin. Just make sure you get the right cable.



  Keithrow 17:06 02 Apr 2004

stlucia and thanks for the extra info byfordr. I think the camcorder had a 4 pin in/out and I'll check the computer to make sure I order the correct thing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone