The Digiguide offer on the new PC Advisor disk

Splodge 12:28 07 Jan 2007

I am so pleased PC Advisor has offered a trial of Digiguide again.

I have used it for some years now (about 3 and a half) and highly recommend it! It costs around £10 a year which contrasts with over £50 for a paper TV Guide.

I select my channels, then my programmes and print them out for the week. Once identified and picked for the time and date, the selected programmes will continue to feature until they ends or finishes. You can do a search for a special program and mark that for a reminder. It also extends much further into the future than the magazines, sometimes up to two months forward.

Since it is a trial I urge you to try it. It would be a shame if it missed your atention!

Input Overload 12:34 07 Jan 2007

I have used it for some time & find it a good program, well worth the money.

Roadgiant 12:38 07 Jan 2007

Why not just use the Radio Times online?click here
You can customise it to whichever channels you want, search for programmes and if you really want,get texted (chargeable) messages reminding you of programs you want to watch.

Splodge 15:29 07 Jan 2007

Of course you can, but can you see all your day's favourite channels on one screen and then print out all your selected programs on one sheet?

Each to his own I guess.

Stuartli 16:39 07 Jan 2007

The offer was intended for the festive period plus a short trial - seemed somewhat late to me...:-)

Splodge 17:40 07 Jan 2007

Nothing to stop you "Googling" it!

I doubt if the offer will be over.

Try it, you might like it!

Stuartli 18:24 07 Jan 2007

Thanks, but both ShowShifter and the Twinhan PVR software I use for my Twinhan Freeview PCI TV card have excellent EPGs...:-)

In any case the Daily Mail's Saturday TV programmes guide is very comprehensive.

The reference to the "festive season" was due to the fact that my PC Advisor arrived a couple of days ago...:-)

Arnie 19:20 07 Jan 2007

Another good guide here.
No Video+ codes unfortunately.

click here

Splodge 19:52 07 Jan 2007

Thanks both.

I thought Showshifter was dead and buried. I still have it on my computer as the download plus my registration details. I might have another look at it! I use InterVideo products now though.

And I had a look at the Guardian one and put it in my favourites list!

Happy viewing New Year.

Stuartli 21:03 07 Jan 2007

The ShowShifter website invited offers for a takeover for a while. Also see:

click here...

plus the current page:

click here

Stuartli 21:04 07 Jan 2007

Plus the News link on the second link above:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?