Dificulty installing Driver & related software XP

Robh3 14:51 09 Feb 2006

I have done a clean install of XP Pro after experienceing problems opening some programs. Everything now ok except I can not compleatly install my Maxtor one touch 11 drive or my Hauppauge Nova-T TV Card. The maxtor lets me install the drivers but the disk is only reconised in locked state and the drive itself is not reconised as the unlock software dose not start. The Hauppauge installs but compleatly freezes the computer when opening the program. XP seems to install the drivers but not the software correctly that accompanies it. Both install on another computer ok. I have now removed the Hauppauge but the same problem with the Maxtor exists. All other programs have installed ok. Just hardware installation seems a problem. Printers did install ok. Any Ideas what the problem could be.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:29 09 Feb 2006

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?