Difficulty uninstalling programs

toogie 11:49 18 Jul 2010

Recently cloned new hard drive "F" from old drive "C" because "C" was becoming unstable. After many many problems trying to get the new system to run I have disconnected the old "C" drive and managed to get the new drive "F" running well (with a lot of help from you guys!) with internet connection running. Unfortunately I cannot reinstall Zone Alarm or MS Office because there are still parts of these programs referred to on the new drive "F" and I get error messages e.g. C:\Windows\Internet Logs\\Installer_07151013146.log could not be opened. The system could not find the path specified." ZA have given me clean uninstall prog to download but it will not!!
Also when trying to uninstall these progs from my Control Panel I get the messages "An error occurred while trying to remove ZA. You do not have access to C:\Program. You can specify the new uninstall program below" What do I do here ? and similar problem with MS Office, which will not install from the disk either.
I do not really want to reconnect old "C" drive as I feel this will create the old problems again. Sorry this is long winded but I would be grateful for any advice you can offer.

PSF 12:06 18 Jul 2010

click here this should get rid if it. This will remove the registry entries and you will be able to re-install your programs again. I have used this to recover office after transfering one drive to a new drive.

jack 12:09 18 Jul 2010

click here
This effectively removes all element ofs programs.

However I am not at all sure what your are trying to do here will achieve your desired result in a 'clean' system.
Best best is to format a hard drive and do a clean install- not an image - that will have all the nasties you are trying to eliminate.

toogie 12:36 20 Jul 2010

Thanks all but in the end I took Jack's advice and reinstalled windows. I will now start another subject ref restoring Quicken without the CD and problems transferring my MS OE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?