Difference between Diskeeper v9 Home & Pro? Ideas?

GibsonSt19 23:42 28 Oct 2004

Any ideas?

VoG II 23:46 28 Oct 2004

Um, look on the website?

The Pro will scan multiple volumes.

GibsonSt19 00:03 29 Oct 2004

However I wondered if someone could tell me in English... plain English if possible.

WaTcHiNg 00:13 29 Oct 2004

Home supports operating systems that users are expected to have at home (98, ME, XP Home), Pro covers those plus those that you're expected to have at work (NT, XP Professional).

This is a summary written as a really simple answer and the OS's mentioned are typical examples and may not be a comprehensive list of those supported by each product.

bertiecharlie 09:04 29 Oct 2004

As Vog says, the Pro version, about £38, will defragment multiple volumes. It will also do a boot time defragmentation which the Home Edition will not.

You should maybe have a look at PerfectDisk when comparing what you get for your money as you can get a 35% discount on this at the moment and it will do a boot time defrag. (To get the discount you need to go to the Diskeeper trade in section of the PerfectDisk site where you will be offered a 20% discount. You will then be sent an email offering a further 15% discount. The total cost ends up about £20).

DiskeeperLite is free but you probably already know.

GibsonSt19 17:53 29 Oct 2004

I've gone for Diskeeper Pro 9, £27 to download from the Executive (Diskeeper) website. Bargain, sortof :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?