Diary Software

Trepan 10:03 24 Mar 2006

Any one know of a decent piece of software that I can use as a diary that will open up automatically upon start-up?

I did have COREL - Family & Friends on my last computer which came with my previous computer in a 'bundle' trouble is it is for Win 95/98 and it does not like XP.

So any help would be appreciated - by the way I am not happy at using browser based tools as I am never sure if they are secure enough.

Belatucadrus 10:43 24 Mar 2006

click here Info Angel

click here Essential PIM

click here 2sync

click here Easynoter lite

Trepan 11:19 24 Mar 2006

Thanks for this and the quick response.

Trepan

vinnyT 11:41 24 Mar 2006

I use RICOlmer.

It can send SMS/e-mail, launch programs, documents, shutdown/logoff system etc. with very easy definition of task repetition (every combination is possible). It's small, intuitive, useful, the interface is clear and not too confusing. If you use it, you will never forget about your mother-in-law's birthday.

It's free, from click here

Hope this helps.

Trepan 13:57 24 Mar 2006

Thanks for this, I have just had a look and it does seem very easy to use.

Tell me have you had any probs with your computer since using it, my reason for asking is I had downloaded shareware before and have had system issues since.

vinnyT 14:22 24 Mar 2006

Had no probs at all, if you're worried, just make a restore point or drive image.

I use it for all my appointments and reminders now, haven't missed a direct debit in ages:-)

It also has a good backup facility, useful if something goes wrong with your pc, you don't lose your reminders just restore them.

Hope this helps.

PS, if you need any more help, I will be back on the froum tomorrow.

Trepan 13:51 25 Mar 2006

Thanks for the additional info - I am going to give it whirl ans see how it stacks up against the others sent by Belatucadrus.

Cheers

Trepan

vinnyT 14:23 25 Mar 2006

Welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?