DialUp Modem not Detected

dregn 10:11 05 Jan 2005

I recently fitted new memory to a friend's PC and reinstalled Win98SE as her setup was in a mess.
The internal modem was working satisfactorily before the upgrade. ( US Robotics )

I setup the modem as a generic type as there was no software and the modem is reported to be working satisfactorily. However, I am unable to query the modem and when attempting to make an internet connection I get the message : ' The modem failed to respond. Make sure it is properly connected and turned on and verify that the interrupt for the port is properly set.'
Am I missing something ?

Diemmess 11:16 05 Jan 2005

This will bump your thread to the top if nothing else.

From dim memory the modem always seemed to be the most difficult of the basic items to install, and I seem to remember it was sometimes necessary to force Windows to accept it at Com 3.

Obviously it would help to feed it with the correct driver, and you might do worse than search the net for a simple Rockwell v.90 or however close you can get by a good guess.

gudgulf 11:49 05 Jan 2005

You definitely need the correct driver for the modem before Win98 will recognise it.You might be able to find the one you need here click here

When you find it you will be directed to a download site --you will need to log on to get the driver.Use
drivers/all as the username/password to do that or register with the site(its free).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?