Dialer_Watcher

fullyfitted 20:45 31 Aug 2004

Following advice from the forum I downloaded the above program, sorry I can't find the original thread, however when I try and install it starts to to load a game called "entombed" Is this normal( because I don't want the game) or have I done something stupid and down loaded the wrong application (most likely explanation)
I would be grateful for any advice or a copy of the original link so that I can down load again.
On win xp home with dial up
Many thanks

Graham ® 20:59 31 Aug 2004
  fullyfitted 21:10 31 Aug 2004

Thanks Graham,
I have used this one before but because I wouldn't upgrade it kept throwing blank pages up so I lost patience and un installed it,If I can't resolve Dialer-watcher I might give it another go

Zak 21:14 31 Aug 2004

Try this, it is free:

click here

fullyfitted 21:24 31 Aug 2004

Zak,
Thats the one.
I notice the site has a sub heading"the home oF Dialer -watcher" so I guess my original thought that I had done something stupid was correct and I downloaded the wrong application,I will give it another go
Thanks , I will leave the thread open in case I need more help

Zak 21:25 31 Aug 2004

Fullyfitted

Just realised, this should be OK and not include any games.

Zak

fullyfitted 23:19 31 Aug 2004

I have down loaded it again and again it wants to install a game called "entombed" What am I doing wrong? I have down loaded the static build version,is this the right one?
I have e-mailed the site builder and he has offered help on Yahoo messenger he says "Hello Thanks For The Email I Will Try And Help You Any way I Can.If You Wish To Talk You Can Catch Me On Yahoo Messenger As Antidialer

bye"
but this is something new to me and I feel I am getting into deep waters and areas I do not understand.
However work is calling so I will give it another go tomorrow.

Zak 12:27 01 Sep 2004

I suggest you download the Dynamic Build zip file. Extract into a folder in your programs directory and then double click the Dialer_Watcher.exe file to run the program. There is a tick box which will allow for the program to run on start up.

I tried the self instal version but it wanted to install later versions of files and I decided to be careful and not go down that road.

fullyfitted 22:02 01 Sep 2004

Zac,
thanks for your help,I think I am getting into areas I don't really understand so I will leave until I've plucked up the courage to give it a go.Apologies for being lat in coming back to you, I've been getting a Server Error when I try to log on to P C A , all other sites ok though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?