dialers?????

newgster 20:43 28 Jan 2006

hi all ive been reading through your posts over the past few hours and realised that this is where i need to post.....

im not a total noob i know enough to keep my comp clean and running nice but this has confused me!!!

i got a few dialers trying to connect to the internet and my McAfee firewall poped up and asked me about this strange attempt so i clicked block!!

ok i did a full system scan with McAfee Virus Scan and got nothing...Weird....so i did a scan wtih AdAware got a cupple of things but not much out of the ordinary and same with spybot....

so i descided to do an online scan with ...

click here

which ive heard is quite good and i got quite a few dialers showing up....

they were..
dialer.xd
dialer.ffk
dialer.xd
dialer.bai
dialer.ABR

and a few more which i didnt manage to write down before my comp restarted!!

any help would be great

thanks in advance

Gongoozler 20:58 28 Jan 2006

Try Antidialer click here

newgster 21:02 28 Jan 2006

ill give it a go now and post back...

thanks for the fast reply!!!

newgster 21:03 28 Jan 2006

static build or dynamic build???

which will be best or does it not matter??

newgster 21:22 28 Jan 2006

sod it thanks for your help Gongoozler

but im going to have to format my comp..
its going mad its taken ages for me to get back to this website and internet goin daft....really slow for my 2mb connection..
i just cant handle not being in control of my computer so format and set back up...!!!

thanks for your reply appreciate it..

Wuggy 22:26 28 Jan 2006

If you connect via broad band and your old 56K dial up modem is not connected to a phone socket then diallers can not do any harm whatsover.
To remove try running a2 from
click here

Bagsey 09:49 29 Jan 2006

If you know which dialer you need goto Start, control pannel, network connection, and delete any other connection to the phone line that are present. Except of course your correct connection. As wuggy said if you are on BB unplug the old modem link from your computer. That should stop the B....s causing your trouble and have big phone bills.

newgster 10:45 29 Jan 2006

hi .
thanks for the replies i havnt formated yet ,,,i think that was the beer last night.........

ok before i format ill listen to you guys ,,..

Wuggy....ive already tried a2 it doesnt find anything also tried microsoft antispyware, spybot,
ad aware, even windows washer beforehand to clean everything out just incase......
any more sugestions??

also ive taken a sreen snapshot of the results i got from the online scan i did just dont know how to post it here...

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:52 29 Jan 2006

Post the screenshot here... click here

G

newgster 10:55 29 Jan 2006

hi
GANDALF

ive never done this befor ive gone to the link and found where my picture is at, do i tick resize the image 320x240??
then do i hit host it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:05 29 Jan 2006

Yes, link to the shot on your computer, don't tick resize or if you do size to 17" monitor and click host it. After loading you will be presented with a page with various URLs, choose the 'show to friends' one and copy it.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?