Dial-Up and Outlook Express problem

al79 20:37 01 Aug 2004

Have had an Upgrade from W98 by Time to WXP etc etc and have had to run CD Reload several times because of Dial-Up Freeze up when E-mailing etc.means having to reset computer from boot-up several times. also have Norton Internet security fully loaded and when sending e-mail to some addresses such as [email protected] get symantec box come up telling me "your e-mail message to etc etc was unable to be sent because connection to your e-mail server was interupted.Please open your e-mail client and resend the message from the sent messenger folder" whatever thats supposed to mean nobody I` ve spoken to seems to know.thanking anyone that can help.

Alan Davis

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:49 01 Aug 2004

first check both norton and xp firewalls not on together switch off xp firewall

in OE click on sent items folder, click on your message, then click send.

if fails to send again, is probably norton causing problems, several threads on same subject in this forum over last few days.

Install Zone alarm ZoneAlarm click here switch off norton firewall

GaT7 20:55 01 Aug 2004

Try this click here. Good luck, G

al79 21:06 08 Aug 2004

In respect of the two answers have taken on board and am testing out at the moment seems better, thank you.I had thought that since having the upgrade and having two drives now the original C drive 20Gbt is now the D drive and the new 30 Gbt is the C drive, is has been suggested that they could being coming into conflict with each other and there was a mention of Net Clusters problem whatever that means, any ideas out there?

Al79

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?