Dial up dialogue box

Nobleken 11:02 15 Oct 2004

I am a total novice who has just converted to broadband via cable. But when I am in my email account in Outlook Express and try to send mail the dialogue box offering the dial up service appears. Is there something I need to disable? Or something else? Please assume you are talking to an idiot. Thanks a lot.

Noelg23 15:04 15 Oct 2004

yes you need to get rid of the connection for your dial up....email me with the problem and I will reaply back with a step by step guide on how to get rid of it...dont worry its not as hard as you think it is...

Nobleken 15:36 15 Oct 2004

Thanks for that. Outlook Express opens OK but when I try to send an email I get that grey dialogue box I used to get when trying to launch OE on dial up asking me which connection I want to connect to. I click cancel - 'cos I don't really know what I'm doing - and the box goes away, but I'm not sure if the email has been sent. And when I go to close OE down I get the box saying you have unsent items, would you like to send them now? I don't even know what they are but would be happy to lose them if I could sort out the main issue, preventing that blinking dial up box returning. Any advice gratefully received.

Border View 15:40 15 Oct 2004

Know what you mean, I have exactly the same problem. To get around it I launch speedtouch first and then open OE. In addition I dont have the dial up connection modem connected so there is no way I can connect to Lineone. I am now with broadband Pipex.

Would be interested to find out how the Dial Up Box for Lineone can be disabled though.

woodchip 15:48 15 Oct 2004

double click my computer double click dial-up networking right click your old isp and delete

Border View 15:49 15 Oct 2004

Thanks woodchip

woodchip 15:57 15 Oct 2004

My Pleasure, don't forget if you want to use fax\software you will have to have a normal Dial-Up account and modem connected

Jackcoms 16:24 15 Oct 2004

woodchip

"don't forget if you want to use fax\software you will have to have a normal Dial-Up account and modem connected"

I don't entirely agree.

Yes, you will need to connect your dial-up modem, but you don't need to have a dial-up account to send/receive faxes.

Djohn 16:28 15 Oct 2004

Woodchip meant a normal dial up connection not account! He would soon have spotted his typo. dj.

Border View 16:34 15 Oct 2004

Thanks fellas, but I have only used the fax twice in four years. Figured out how to send, but never did find out how to receive. Another unused facility on my computer, like the TV out and DVD player. Kind regards

Nobleken 16:47 15 Oct 2004

Thanks woodchip. Sounds like something even I can handle.
Bet I post again on Monday, having failed.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?