Dial up and broadband logon

The Bard 17:25 22 Oct 2006

Every time I boot up I get the dial up connection box appearing. I cancel that and can then connect to broadband in normal way. Looking at Control Panel-Internet Properties there are two identical accounts, both set as default. Whichever one I try to remove I get the message "...cannot remove because it is currently in use..." even though neither is in use and I have closed the internet connection.

Technotiger 17:28 22 Oct 2006

Hi, In IE go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections and set Never Dial a Connections, then Apply and OK.

The Bard 10:12 23 Oct 2006

Current settings are "always dial default connection". I think the problem might be that I have two identical default connections neither of which I can delete. Settings for both appear to be the same. I also have an old dial-up account for when my broadband ISP is down. This has been in situ long before this problem occurred and appears to have the same settings but, again, I cannot delete it.

birdface 11:03 23 Oct 2006

Try, Tools Internet Options, Click Connection Tab, Press lan settings, Click Automatically detect settings. See if that helps.

The Bard 11:34 23 Oct 2006

Automatically connect was already ticked. Tried 'unticking' but made no difference.

Fingees 12:42 23 Oct 2006

I always set mine to
Never dial a connection. It stopped dial coming up, but still connected to BB OK.

Just a point.

Technotiger 16:29 23 Oct 2006

Hi, as I said before - set to "Never Dial a Connection"

Cheers.

birdface 16:30 23 Oct 2006

Hi Did you mean Network Connections,Or Internet Options.If Network Connections,You should only have 1 Connection working,The other if any should be switched off,Or not running, Idle ,something like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?