I was working on my laptop on the battery when a battery low message came up - plugged it into the mains; carried on working, then popped into the kitchen for a minute and when I came back it was dead.. I can't get a light when I press the 'on' button, nor is there a light on the laptop front showing it's running off the mains. Yes, I've checked the mains socket works and I've replaced the fuse in the plug - but now I'm out of ideas. Is there anything else obvious I can try? (Don't have spare battery and other one had just run out) Or do I have to accept something major's blown and I have to get it fixed?
When I put the battery back in, I got thirty seconds of renewed charge (it had run down before) - enough for me to discover from the lights that a) the laptop is fine and b) there's still no light to show it's running off mains when I tried - so -it is something to do with the adaptor - will try with a different adaptor next. Will tick resolved in the meantime.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.