DG834 wont allow windows or norton updates

simplye 22:57 04 Oct 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem.

I have installed a NetGear DG834G onto my PC running windows XP (SP2) but now I cant download and install any windows updates OR Norton Anti-virus live-updates.

I know there is a firewall within the DG834 but how can I make the nessasary adjustments so as to be able to gain my updates again..

Please Help

all the best

tina.....

ade.h 23:16 04 Oct 2006

Quote from a website found in a brief search:

If you are operating behind a personal firewall, you will need to open the following ports to enable Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition client/server communications and LiveUpdate to work correctly:

TCP and UDP port 2967 - RTVScan
TCP ports 80 and 443 - LiveUpdate
UDP port 38293 - Intel PDS

For more information on port configuration, see Symantec Document ID 2005033011582148.

Open up port 443 for Windows Update.

simplye 23:30 04 Oct 2006

Hi,

Where do I find these ports! Where-abouts are they on my PC... I'm pretty new to this but if you can give me a quick step by step on how to alter these ports I will be eternally grateful

many thanks in advance

tina.....

[email protected]#36 08:47 05 Oct 2006

I had a bit of a problem with Norton and my 834n. I discovered that I had to tell Norton (IS2006) to 'Trust' the ethernet card before it would do anything. Might be worth checking.

ade.h 15:11 05 Oct 2006

Please try to avoid emailing forum members unless you need to send a private message. click here

You willl find instructions for the host firewall in the router's PDF manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?